A Blog for Cool Gadgets, Smart Things and New Products…
This is the world’s first consumer based portable universal cellular phonebook backup device that does not require a personal computer, software installation, or monthly subscription to a carrier’s data service. At the touch of a button, the battery-powered Backup-Pal instantly saves a backup copy of all the contact information you have stored on your cellular phone… quick and easy.
Backup-Pal is easy to use and requires no technical expertise or software installation. Everything needed comes with Backup-Pal and its removable adapters, which are designed for each individual phone available on the market. Attach the unit to the adapter that corresponds to your phone, plug it into the handset, and you???‚?„?re ready to use Backup-Pal.
Transfering Data between Cellular Phones
Backup-Pal works with virtually any cellular phone and has been carefully designed to accommodate new phones as they come to market, so you don’t have to worry if you get a new model later on. When switching carriers or phones, Backup-Pal allows hassle-free transfer of contact data from one cell phone to another without the complexity of additional software, PC use, lengthy setup or internet connectivity. All you need is your cell phone and Backup-Pal.
Supported Phone Brands
and other popular brands
– Power: three AAA batteries
– Size: diameter: 2.7″ (68.0mm), height: 1.0″ (25.5mm)
– Weight: 2.75 oz (78 g)
– Interface: IrDA, Serial, USB
– Memory: Stores over 1,000 Contacts (128KB Nonvolatile Flash)
The price of the Backup-Pal will be between $39.99 and $49.99, the device is expected to be available for order in september.
Answering the call for a ruggedized, stylish and fully equipped handset, the i580 is the only iDEN rugged phone in the industry to feature an embedded camera and the first with a clam form factor to include Bluetooth wireless technology. The i580 is also the first rugged iDEN clam phone designed to meet military specification 810 F for rain resistance, as well as for dust, shock and vibration. The phone’s durable design and easy-grip rubber exterior can withstand even the toughest day on the job or the most demanding outdoor activities for those who enjoy an active lifestyle.
– 1.3 megapixel digital camera with video record functionality – the i580 is the first ruggedized iDEN clam style handset to offer an integrated 1.3 megapixel digital camera, producing high-quality images, a self-timer, up to 4X digital zoom and an LED light that can light up an image in a range up to 2 feet in low light conditions.
– Removable micro SD card slot – Store images, MP3 files, and video to removable micro SD memory cards. 64MB card included.
– Bluetooth wireless technology – Wirelessly connect to other Bluetooth-enabled devices within 30 feet.
– GPS support – Get step-by-step driving directions, trip planning and more when you add GPS-based applications like TeleNav, MapQuest FindMe and Trimble Outdoors.
– Large, internal color display – 1,9″-inch screen, 176×220 pixels, 262k colors
– Support for advanced walkie-talkie capabilities including Direct Send contacts and pictures.
– Messaging services -send or receive multimedia and/or text and voice messages.
– Front ported audio support – equipped with dual, frontal speakers
The i580 price is set to $279.99, after all available discounts and promotions.
Basically the Sidekick 3 combines a phone, Web browser, e-mail manager, camera and an MP3 player all in one compact device. But of course it offers a lot more goodies than that. It comes with a 2.6-inch sliding screen under which is a comfortable QWERTY keyboard for speed typing. There is 1.3-megapixel digital camera for taking pictures, EDGE mobile connection for fast data transfers, Bluetooth 1.2 support, USB connector for synchronizing it with PC, miniSD card slot for additional memory and so on and so on…
What exactly can Sidekick 3 do?
– Easy to e-mail or IM with built-in QWERTY keyboard
– Real Web browsing of sites like MySpace, Facebook..
– Mobile phone
– Text messaging
– Continuous back-up of address book so customers never lose contacts
– Unlimited e-mail, IM, text messaging and Web browsing for less than $1/day
– Take pictures with the integrated camera. It even has a flash!
– Send pictures to friends and family via e-mail
Sidekick 3 aviability
T-Mobile Sidekick 3 will be first available in USA on June 28th in two stores and only for current customers of T-Mobile – on Madison Ave in New York and Wilshire Blvd. in Los Angeles. Indirect dealers, i-Dealers, National Retail and VAR are going to get it on August 28th, give or take, depending on inventory. Of course if you are a celebrity, you’ll be able to get a Sidekick 3 even earlier… 😉
What’s new on the Sidekick 3?
– A sleeker, smaller design
– Bluetooth technology makes the device easier to use
– AOL, Yahoo! And MSN Instant Messaging built-in
– An MP3 music player
– Faster browsing through EDGE network
– 1 megapixel camera
– Removable battery
I wonder if we are going to see this device produced by Sharp in other countries, offered by local (not T-Mobile) mobile operators… and of course with other brand name (Sidekick 3 is a T-Mobile brand), but with the same hardware?
The prices are: $299 for a 2-year contract, $349 for a 1-year contract, and $399 for T-Mobile To Go (prepaid).