A Blog for Cool Gadgets, Smart Things and New Products…
Amazon is doing it again in releasing a new even more affordable 6-inch Kindle e-Book Reader, now you can get it for just $139 USD (currently available for pre-orders only) and enjoy reading electronic books just like you would do with a normal book printer on paper. The new and more affordable Kindle Wi-Fi is just does not have a 3G modem built-in like in the bit more expensive Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi available for $189 USD, but that is not such a big issue as you can easily find wireless hotspots almost everywhere nowadays…
Amazon’s Kindle WiFi Specifications:
– Display: 6″ diagonal electronic paper display, optimized with proprietary waveform and font technology, 600 x 800 pixel resolution at 167 ppi, 16-level gray scale.
– Size: 7.5″ x 4.8″ x 0.335″ (190 mm x 123 mm x 8.5 mm).
– Weight: 8.5 ounces (241 grams).
– Storage: 4GB internal (approximately 3GB available for user content).
– Battery Life: A single charge lasts for up to a month with wireless off. Keep wireless always on and it lasts for up to 3 weeks. Battery life will vary based on wireless usage, such as shopping the Kindle Store and downloading content.
– Charge Time: Fully charges in approximately 4.5 hours via the included U.S. power adapter. Also supports charging from your computer via the included USB 2.0 cable.
– Wi-Fi Connectivity: Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11b or 802.11g standard; does not connect to enterprise or peer-to-peer Wi-Fi networks.
– USB Port: USB 2.0 (micro-B connector) for connection to the Kindle U.S. power adapter or optionally to connect to a PC or Macintosh computer.
– Audio: 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, rear-mounted stereo speakers.
– Content Formats Supported: Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, Audible (Audible Enhanced (AA, AAX)), MP3, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML, DOC, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP through conversion.
– Included Accessories: U.S. power adapter (supports 110V-240V), USB 2.0 cable, rechargeable battery.