A Blog for Cool Gadgets, Smart Things and New Products…
What would you say for some cool sunglasses with a built-in 1.3 megapixel camera in them, that is hidden. Ok, maybe not exactly hidden, but the normal person wouldn’t think you’ve got a camera in your sunglasses (unless he’s seen these). The camera on one of the sides in the glasses is capable of capturing still images with a resolution of 1280×1024 pixels. The sunglasses also come with a handy RF remote-control that is needed to tell the camera when to take a picture, so it won’t be on all the time…
These cool glasses come with high-quality and lightweight frame material and with UV400 polarized flip-up lens. The built-in polymer li-ion rechargeable battery provides you with a battery life of up to 9 hours if you are shooting 1 picture every minute. When you are done with the covert photo taking you can transfer the images to the PC with the help of the USB 2.0 interface trough a standard mini USB port (also used for recharging). As an additional feature the sunglasses also allow you to enjoy your favorite MP3 songs with the help of flexible earbuds, that you can easily remove off your ears when aren’t needed.
1.3 Megapixel Spy Camera Sunglasses are priced at $99.99
PENTAX Imaging Company announced today the PENTAX K10D digital SLR camera with 10.2 effective megapixels and a host of advanced technologies including a PENTAX-developed Shake Reduction (SR) system and a weather- resistant body. Designed to deliver high-quality digital images and responsive operation for advanced photo enthusiasts, the K10D features an array of PENTAX innovations in image capture and camera functionality.
The most significant features in the K10D include:
– A PENTAX-developed Shake Reduction (SR) system that effectively offers a 2.5 to 4 stop advantage for sharp, blur-free images even under difficult shooting conditions, such as macro and telephoto photography or low light settings without a flash. The SR mechanism is designed to minimize camera shake by oscillating the CCD image sensor vertically and horizontally at high speed using magnetic force, while adjusting the speed of oscillation in proportion to the amount of camera shake detected by built-in sensors. As a result, the system does not require special anti-shake lenses and can be used with more than 24 million PENTAX lenses produced since 1964.
– A newly-developed Pentax Real IMage Engine (PRIME) designed exclusively for PENTAX digital SLR cameras to produce well-balanced, true-to-life images. In order to meet the performance requirement in handling 10 megapixel data, PENTAX also incorporated a new high performance 22 bit A/D converter to quickly transfer images with accurate color tones and richer gradation from the CCD to the imaging engine.
– A new Dust Removal (DR) system incorporating PENTAX-original Special Protect (SP) coating to help keep the CCD surface dust-free, and a shift mechanism to shake dust off the CCD.
– A dependable dust-proof, weather-resistant body construction featuring 72 seals throughout the camera to allow photographers to continue shooting even in dusty or rainy environments.
The K10D body will ship by November 2006 for US $899.95, and as a kit with the DA 18-55mm lens for US $999.95. The D-BG2 Battery Grip will ship at the same time for less than US $190.00. The PENTAX DA 70mm lens will ship in October 2006 for less than US $600.00.
The world’s greatest compact Fisheye camera is now more amazing than you ever thought possible! Not only does it have same 180-degree wide-angle view and stunning fisheye barrel distortion, but the Fisheye No. 2 adds a bulb setting for long exposures, a switch for multiple exposures on the same frame, the ability to fire both a hotshoe flash and the built-in flash, a true fisheye viewfinder, and a “full metal jacket” body …
– Size: 4.25″ (10.5cm) x 2.5″ (6cm) x 2.5″ (6cm)
– Weight: 0.5lb (0.23kg)
– Format: all 35mm (color negative, slide, b&w)
– Field of Vision: 170 degrees
– Approximate focal length: 10mm
– Fixed aperture: f/8
– Shutter speeds: 1/100
– Flashes: Standard hotshoe & built-in flash
– Multiple Exposure switch for unlimited shots on 1 frame
– Film can be processed at any 35mm lab, supermarket, drug store, swapmeet, etc.
The price of the Fisheye No 2 camera is $70