A Blog for Cool Gadgets, Smart Things and New Products…
Kingston Technology announced the global availability of its new DataTraveler ReadyFlash USB 2.0 Flash drive for use in Windows Vista-based systems. Enhanced for Windows ReadyBoost, the Kingston DataTraveler ReadyFlash (DTR) was designed and tested by Kingston based on precise performance requirements outlined by Microsoft to meet Microsoft specifications. DataTraveler ReadyFlash is a USB 2.0 Flash drive enhanced for Windows ReadyBoost; when connected to a Windows Vista-based system’s USB 2.0 port, the Windows Vista AutoPlay dialog box will offer the option of using the device for Windows ReadyBoost.
While adding system memory is the best way to increase performance, Windows ReadyBoost allows one’s system to utilize a memory source in addition to DRAM for processing data and applications. For instance, if a notebook has a maximum memory capacity of 1 GB installed, Windows ReadyBoost allows for usage of a Flash memory device, such as DataTraveler ReadyFlash as a more responsive storage medium for Windows ReadyBoost cache.
– Capacities: 1 GB, 2 GB
– Dimensions: 2.67″ x 0.829″ x 0.355″ (67.7mm x 20.8mm x 9.0mm)
– Windows ReadyBoost performance: Exceeds the minimum Windows ReadyBoost performance requirements
– Convenient: Pocket-sized for easy transportability
– Simple: Just plug into a USB 2.0 port
– Guaranteed: Five-year warranty